Those who are accustomed to physical activity are aware that they may suffer an injury. That’s why a fracture can be discouraging if you follow a training routine. It is at this point that you should consider the best shoes after a broken foot.
This type of footwear can be orthopedic and post-surgical*. But generally speaking, its purpose is to correct the problems that remain after an injury. Additionally, by extension, they protect and give support and better posture to the back. They also facilitate blood flow to this part of the body.
Another aspect that is relevant in the best shoes after a broken foot is its insole. That is, it helps correct the arch of the foot and prevents sequelae such as plantar fasciitis. However, it is good to mark a series of differences between orthopedic and post-surgical footwear, as we will see below.
Orthopedic shoes are no longer Frankenstein’s horrible footwear. Today they are manufactured with modern designs and models. In addition, they come with details such as:
- Special widths
- Velcro® fastenings
- Passive posture-correcting treatment insoles
In the case of post-surgical, i.e., those worn after foot surgery, there are special considerations. First of all, they cover the foot even if it has several layers of bandages. Also, they come with a sole that protects from impact step after step for a successful recovery.
In any case, we always advise you to seek the advice of a professional. For example, ask for a physiotherapist or an osteopath. They will help you with the choice of footwear and the most appropriate treatment.
Let us get to know some models of the best shoes after a broken foot.
Some of the best shoes
after a broken foot
If you train with some frequency, an injury probably means that you can not wear your favorite training or running shoes. But, you require something that supports your heel and the whole foot. In other words, shoes that enable your recovery healing process.
According to Footwear Boss, these are some of the best shoes after a broken foot. Take note if you have recently suffered a fracture and need a proper shoe for your recovery:
United Surgical Short Air Cam Walker Fracture Boot, Medium (Orthopedic Walking Boot)
This boot stands out for the following features:
- Has exceptional assistance to help you walk properly
- Perfect for ankle sprains and post-operative conditions. Also, for soft tissue trauma
- Durable materials and construction
- A satisfactory design and size suitable for both men and women
- You can use it on both feet
- Lightweight support and absorption of shocks
- Cushioned insole to diminish the impact of walks
- Rubberized rocker sole to support your natural motion and walking form
- Easy instructions when you are wearing it
United Surgical Air Cam
Walker Fracture Boot, Medium
United Surgical remains one of the best shoes after a broken foot because of its advantages. For instance, a walker boot to support your foot as needed until you can walk by yourself. It even allows you to do light jogging little by little.
In addition, it comes with a rocker sole that ensures that you can carry out your daily activities safely. Other characteristics include:
- Suitable to wear and separate, diminishing future wastage
- Outstanding adhesion to give walking balance
- Excellent height for sufficient support
Ossur Rebound Air
Tall Walking Boot Medium, one of the best shoes after a broken foot surgery
If you suffered a fracture that left you with Achilles tendonitis as a sequel, this is the ideal shoe. It is one of the best on the market for the recovery of broken feet. Besides, in Ossur’s boots, you can find:
- A product with a high-level safety
- An air pump system helps to the natural inflation and deflation of feet.
- Adequately and comfortable materials
- Ideal for post-surgery
- Simple to put in and off
Other brands offer some of the best shoes after a broken foot, such as:
SUPVOX Surgical Orthopedic Footwear
They are specially designed shoes for toe fractures. They come with a cover that facilitates post-surgical rehabilitation. It is also one of the most recommended shoes on the market for people with reduced mobility after a fracture.
Post-surgical shoe in heel Emo brand
They offer a great subjection: thanks to the buttress and the facility that gives its straps with velcro. They are also comfortable due to their non-slip sole. Also, they allow unloading the anti-foot area, thus maintaining the foot in the heel.
Vive Post Op Shoe, an option to consider about the best shoes after a broken foot
Adaptable footwear for both feet. It provides a safe and secure fit based on:
- Two adjustable straps allow the surgical walking boot to accommodate casts or gauzes.
- A protective square toe specially designed for any foot
- Supportive protection after surgery or injuries recovering
- Keep the casts or bandages dry and dirt-free
- Support and protection before injury or surgery on the toes, foot, ankle, or leg.
Have you ever suffered a fracture on your feet? Did you wear one of the best shoes after a broken foot we have mentioned? Please let us know in the comment section below. And do not forget to visit our shop.
Link in Spanish*